What You Need to Know
We are looking forward to your visit! To ensure the best possible experience for you, we ask that you take a look and adhere to the 5 Commitments of Containment before traveling to Telluride. Thank you for your support!
What We’re Doing to Keep You Safe
In addition to our normally high standards of cleaning, we have also implemented a number of new protocols to help us provide as safe of an experience as possible:
- All housekeeping staff are required to take and pass a course in special housekeeping procedures related to COVID-19. All of our staff has passed this course. In addition, all staff is checked daily for symptoms, no staff are allowed into a unit when guests are present, and they commute only with their household.
- Decorative bedding, shams, and other soft goods have been removed from the unit. In addition, we have removed many of the loose items such as room books, bath amenities, and magazines that could provide additional sources of surface transmission.
- There are 24 hours between each guest stay.
As a community, Telluride has taken the virus very seriously. Masks are required in all public indoor spaces and outdoors too if distancing is not possible. Restaurants, shops, outdoor activities, and the gondola are all open, but with restrictions.
Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Stay
We want you to have fun while being as safe as possible when you are visiting our quaint mountain town. There are many ways to still have a blast this summer, even with major events canceled. Feel free to call our concierge service at (970) 728-3001 for more information or visit Visit Telluride for the most current updates.
San Miguel County is currently under public health orders in line with the State of Colorado. This order modifies previous restrictions to continue to limit and contain the spread of COVID-19 while allowing for a phased re-opening of activities. For more information on the status of COVID-19 in San Miguel County, please visit the county web site at the following links:
- San Miguel County Website
- San Miguel County Covid-19 General Information
- Notify Me (Receive county Coronavirus alerts)
- SMART (San Miguel Regional Transportation) COVID-19 Updates
What is your cancellation policy for the Winter ’20-’21 season?
SilverStar Properties has a 30-day or 60-day cancellation policy dependent on your reservation dates. For regular season dates, reservations are 100% refundable up until 30 days prior to arrival. 30 days prior to arrival or less, the reservation is 100% non-refundable. For Holiday dates (Dec. 19th – Jan. 3rd and March 6th – March 21st) there is a 60-day cancellation policy meaning outside of 60 days cancellation would receive a full refund, cancellation 60 days prior to arrival or less is 100% non-refundable.
Are there COVID-19 exceptions to the cancellation policy?
The only exceptions to the regular cancellation policy are as follows:
- If there is an active government order prohibiting guest from traveling to Telluride (i.e. current mandated stay-at-home order for primary residence) reservation is eligible for a full refund if notified at least 48 hours prior to arrival date.
- If SilverStar Properties is prohibited from hosting guest due to active government order prohibiting or limiting lodging operations in Telluride or Mountain Village (i.e. short term rentals prohibited, guests from specific geographic locations restricted, active quarantine period which is longer than or majority of reservation length) reservation is eligible for a full refund.
Please note the following are NOT exceptions to the regular cancellation policy:
- Telluride Ski Resort limiting, restricting, or closing ski access for any reason including but not limited to snow conditions, weather conditions, COVID-19 restrictions and/or closures.
- Personal travel decisions to alter or suspend travel to Telluride/Mountain Village, including but not limited to: personal decisions regarding feeling uncomfortable or fear of traveling due to COVID-19 increases/spikes, air travel protocols or restrictions, increased regulations of personal behavior during travel or while at destination (i.e. face covering mandates, test requirements, capacity limits, etc.)
- Any weather related events including travel to Telluride/Mountain Village.
Can I get Travel Insurance?
Yes, SilverStar Properties offers travel insurance through Generali Travel Insurance. Please note that any questions regarding specific coverage must be directed through Generali, not SilverStar. Purchase of such insurance can, however, be added onto your reservation with SilverStar. Contact Guest Services manager Julia Vollendorf to do so: firstname.lastname@example.org