Frequently Asked Questions
What is your cancellation policy for the Winter ’20-’21 season?
SilverStar Properties has a 30-day or 60-day cancellation policy dependent on your reservation dates. For regular season dates, reservations are 100% refundable up until 30 days prior to arrival. 30 days prior to arrival or less, the reservation is 100% non-refundable. For Holiday dates (Dec. 19th – Jan. 3rd and March 6th – March 21st) there is a 60-day cancellation policy meaning outside of 60 days cancellation would receive a full refund, cancellation 60 days prior to arrival or less is 100% non-refundable.
Are there COVID-19 exceptions to the cancellation policy?
The only exceptions to the regular cancellation policy are as follows:
- If there is an active government order prohibiting guest from traveling to Telluride (i.e. current mandated stay-at-home order for primary residence) reservation is eligible for a full refund if notified at least 48 hours prior to arrival date.
- If SilverStar Properties is prohibited from hosting guest due to active government order prohibiting or limiting lodging operations in Telluride or Mountain Village (i.e. short term rentals prohibited, guests from specific geographic locations restricted, active quarantine period which is longer than or majority of reservation length) reservation is eligible for a full refund.
Please note the following are NOT exceptions to the regular cancellation policy:
- Telluride Ski Resort limiting, restricting, or closing ski access for any reason including but not limited to snow conditions, weather conditions, COVID-19 restrictions and/or closures.
- Personal travel decisions to alter or suspend travel to Telluride/Mountain Village, including but not limited to: personal decisions regarding feeling uncomfortable or fear of traveling due to COVID-19 increases/spikes, air travel protocols or restrictions, increased regulations of personal behavior during travel or while at destination (i.e. face covering mandates, test requirements, capacity limits, etc.)
- Any weather related events including travel to Telluride/Mountain Village.
Can I get Travel Insurance?
Yes, SilverStar Properties offers travel insurance through Generali Travel Insurance. Please note that any questions regarding specific coverage must be directed through Generali, not SilverStar. Purchase of such insurance can, however, be added onto your reservation with SilverStar. Contact Guest Services manager Julia Vollendorf to do so: email@example.com
How to Get Here: All you need to know from our friends at telluride.com.
Do I need a car when I’m in Telluride?
Having a personal vehicle in Telluride is not a necessity. Many visitors, especially in the winter, do not choose to have a vehicle. Both Mountain VIllage and downtown Telluride are set up with a pedestrian nature in mind. The free gondola is the main transportation between the two town centers (and actually is faster than driving between the two), and the amenities of both towns are central in nature with restaurants, shopping, nightlife etc. all within a small radius.
Shuttle companies offer services from the Montrose Airport (we recommend Telluride Express) and once in Telluride/Mountain Village there are a variety of free transportation options available. The Mountain Village Dial-A-Ride shuttle, Town of Telluride Galloping Goose bus service, and of course the free gondola system.
If you do choose to have a personal vehicle, please keep in mind the winter driving conditions and often steep roads and driveways. Remember, you are in the mountains and in a rural environment, so driveways and roadways may not be cleared in the fashion you are accustomed to in other more urban areas. AWD or 4WD and snow tires are always recommended during the winter months.
What are my grocery shopping options?
Both downtown Telluride and the Mountain Village have full service grocery stores – Clark’s Market in Telluride and the Village Market in Mountain Village. While these are full service, they are also local stores as opposed to National Chain grocers. Please keep in mind selection may be limited and prices are often higher than the large national chain grocers you may be used to.
There are many options for large national chain grocers in the larger neighboring communities where you are likely to be flying into or traveling through. Montrose, Durango, and Cortez all have options such as City Market (Kroger chain), Super WalMart, Target, and Natural Grocers. Pre-Arrival Grocery delivery is also available. Please contact SilverStar directly for further info, ordering requirements, and service pricing. Please note this service must be scheduled at least 1 week prior to arrival.
Pre-Arrival Grocery delivery is also available thru Telluride Delivers.
What are my dining options?
Telluride and Mountain Village have a plethora of dinner options for all palates and expectations. From the highest rated in fine dining to farm-to-table goodness to “get your grub on” comfort food after a hard day on the slopes you can find it all. A great resource to see what restaurants are offering which services (especially in the time of COVID regulations) can be found at Visit Telluride and Town of Mountain Village. Filter by dine-in, take-out, location, etc. to find the most up to date information on the current Telluride dining experience.
Being at Altitude: It’s very important to know the risks that come from visiting and recreating at higher elevations that you’re accustomed to. You can go from 8,750ft in the Town of Telluride to 9,545ft in Mountain Village to the top of the ski resort which rests at 13,150 (12,515 lift-served) in less than 30 minutes. Always remember to take care and to remember these tips!
SilverStar is a proud partner of Door 2 Door Rental Delivery. Skip the lines at other rental stores and arrange to have a Door 2 Door representative meet you at your rental home. When you rent skis and snowboards from Door 2 Door Ski Rental Delivery, you get peace of mind knowing your rental equipment is fitted by expert rental technicians. Our staff has years of rental shop and rental delivery experience. In addition, they have one of the largest selections of ski and snowboard rental equipment in the Rockies. This means getting you and your family properly fitted for your ability level and terrain preference to ensure a great time on the mountain. d2dskis.com/silverstartelluride